Members of the SLS trial group have tried in excess of 50 jury trials and 75 bench trials?
George D. Carry
George D. Carry
Tel 202.689.1900, ext. 3033
Experience. Passion. Solutions.
- Litigation and Trial Practice (including arbitration, mediation and alternative dispute resolution)
- Electronic Discovery and Data Management
- Litigation Support Services
- Construction Law
- Complex Commercial Litigation
- Government Contracts
- Power & Energy
- District of Columbia, 2008
- Virginia, 2006
- J.D., University of Illinois College of Law, 2005
- B.A., Psychology, University of Virginia, 2002
- LEED® Accredited Professional
George Carry is lead E-Discovery Counsel and a member of the firm's trial and construction practice groups having participated in several multi-week trials in major cases. George has extensive experience representing both plaintiffs and defendants in discovery matters in federal and state courts as well as arbitration, and specializes in all aspects of electronic discovery, document review management, and litigation support systems.
Passionate about his clients' successes, George works tirelessly and with great devotion and focus on all aspects of client matters. He regularly advises clients on matters regarding electronically stored information (ESI), including developing comprehensive E-Discovery protocols and document production guidelines, and developing in-house electronic data and record retention practices. George serves as special E-Discovery Counsel in complex constuction contract and commercial disputes, and takes the time to work with each client one-on-one to ensure that they are well prepared for their time in court. With this exceptional client focus, it's no surprise that clients regularly request that George be assigned to their cases.
As a trial lawyer George is eager to be in court, be he understands that sometimes mediation is the best solution for clients. He has extensive mediation experience because he recognizes that strong mediation strategy is critical for achieving resolution of disputes when it's in the client's best interest. George diligently prepares for mediation, arbitration and trial to achieve successful results for his clients and he has been a key participant in numerous mediations where he has been a primary drafter of effective mediation PowerPoint™ presentations.
Driven by a commitment to excellence, George stays on the cutting-edge of both law and technology in order to enhance the firm's practice of law and achieve results for clients. He understands that technology offers attorneys previously unimaginable ways to benefit their clients. To this end, he has zealously managed and maintained very large electronic and hardcopy document production databases in major litigation where literally every document had to be at the trial group's fingertips.
George is a regular contributor to the firm's client seminar series, SLS blog, and other industry and client education programs.
Outside the practice of law, George is driven by training for and competing in triathlons, which require endurance similar to that of the multi-week trials in which he has engaged.
George helps create many favorable solutions for the firm's clients. Here are just a few:
View Solutions »
- Participated in a three-party multi-phased arbitration arising out of the construction of a power plant in upper New York State involving claims totaling $100 million dollars.
- Assisted with a two-week arbitration involving construction contract disputes regarding the construction of a high-rise condominium project.
- Participated in a one-week arbitration arising out of the renovation and new construction of condominiums and retail space in the Washington, DC historic district.
- Assisted with negotiations with opposing counsel that achieved resolution and settlement of various construction disputes out of court.