Members of the SLS trial group have tried in excess of 50 jury trials and 75 bench trials?
Kelley J. Halliburton
- Litigation (including trial practice, appellate practice, arbitration, mediation and alternative dispute resolution) relating to complex commercial litigation matters
- Construction Law
- Government Contracts
- District of Columbia (2006)
- J.D., Maurer School of Law, Indiana University – Bloomington, 2005
- B.S., Iowa State University, 1995
- American Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar Association
Kelley J. Halliburton is an attorney in the litigation, construction and government contracts groups at Shapiro, Lifschitz & Schram. She has extensive experience in the trial discovery process, including work with many different electronic review platforms. Her experience includes work on a variety of matters including government contract disputes, medical products liability, and major antitrust litigation. She has been involved in a variety of anti-competitive practices cases including work for one of the four major players in the credit card industry. In addition, Kelley has worked on the defense team representing a major client against a group of large retail merchants.
Kelley has extensive research and analytical capabilities enabling her to digest large volumes of complex information and organize and present it in a proficient and effective manner. She is focused and articulate and strives to provide clients with optimally organized and coordinated data ensuring the most efficient workflow.
Kelley has an investigative mind and is passionate about systematically and methodically exploring ideas, options and alternatives, weighing them carefully and providing well reasoned advice. While still in law school, Kelley was on the editorial staff for the Federal Communications Law Journal (FCLJ), the official journal for the Federal Communications Bar Association. The FCLJ regularly publishes articles and essays by commissioners of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and members of congress. This position fostered Kelley’s keen interest in critical analysis and effective communication of issues and ideas.
Kelley is also an ardent sports fan, who worked in the sports information field at Iowa State University, the University of Florida and Indiana State University. She is an avid fan of Manchester United and the Green Bay Packers and was a cross-country runner in high school and college.
Kelley has worked to create several winning solutions always striving to add value and provide the best. Examples include:
- Reviewed and assessed discovery documents for one of the four major players in the credit card industry involved in antitrust litigation.
- Provided support in response to government regulatory inquiries and requests from the Department of Justice, the Federal Trade Commission and the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Worked on the defense team for a medical products manufacturer whose product was accused of causing complications.
- Provided assistance with corporate compliance, due diligence, and internal investigations related to the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA).