Growing up, Adrien Pickard was always the voice of reason and knew being a trial lawyer was his destined path with a father and brother preceding him into the practice of law. Seasoned in every aspect of litigation and trial practice, Adrien represents clients in complex commercial litigation in a variety of industries, including construction, real estate, government contracts, telecom and finance, before state and federal courts and on appeal across the country.
Recognized by Washington Post Magazine as a “Top Attorney in Washington, DC,” and selected as a “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers from 2013 through 2017, Adrien is often hired by clients for his devotion to their broader business and legal interests as a business solutions advisor. Understanding disputes and that businesses and people are at the heart of them, Adrien takes a measured approach to matters by keeping the return on investment balanced with the client’s goals while custom-crafting solutions specifically targeted to each client. With a background of diverse experience, Adrien is able to see issues from a 360-degree view, spot troubles early on, and short circuit issues before they become a broader problem.
When he’s not practicing law, he’s hammering it out on the open road as an avid cyclist, logging nearly 6,000 miles a year. Aside from the sometimes social aspect of cycling, the solitary isolation gives Adrien time to hone his critical thinking skills while also sharpening his perspective on challenging cases.
- George Washington University Law Center, J.D., 2003
- University of Virginia, B.A., Anthropology, 2000
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia, 2008
- U.S District Court, Eastern District of Virginia, 2006
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit, 2004
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit, 2004
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims, 2004
- District of Columbia, 2004
- Virginia, 2003
- American Bar Association
- Virginia Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Board Member, Alexandria Third Century Corporation, 2007 – 2018
- Executive Committee Member, George Mason University Inns of Court, 2014 – 2018
- Capital Pro Bono Honor Roll, 2018 - 2020
- "Rising Star", Super Lawyers, 2013 - 2017
- Washington Post Magazine, "Top Attorney in Washington, DC", 2013