Judah Lifschitz to Lead EUCI Course in July on EPC Contracts for Power & Energy Projects
As a result of continued demand from owners and executives of power companies, Judah Lifschitz and Daniel A. Kapner will present an EUCI continuing education course on EPC Contracts for Power & Energy Projects on July 19-20, 2016in Washington, D.C. This will be the fourth EUCI course on EPC Contracts for Power & Energy Projects that Mr. Lifschitz has led.
The course provides owner representatives, project development and construction executives, senior project managers, legal counsel, EPC contractors, project lenders, project insurers, and other project participants a critical understanding of EPC Contracts and their provisions, techniques, and principles. Attendees will:
- review the contents of an EPC Contract, including provisions relating to the EPC contractor’s obligations, standards of performance, price and payment, the owner’s obligations, mechanical completion, substantial completion, final completion, performance testing, performance guarantees, liability and damages, delay liquidated damages, performance liquidated damages, limitation of liability provisions, warranties, force majeure, delay, scope changes, indemnification, insurance, termination and default, confidential information, and dispute resolution;
- discuss best practices for negotiating and drafting an EPC Contract for a power and energy project; and
- anticipate problem areas and potential claims and techniques for avoiding them.
The course regularly receives enthusiastic praise from participants. Participants have commented:
- “Excellent insight and education of EPC Contracts from experienced attorneys”
- “Judah masterfully weaves his legal knowledge & experience to present the program material”
- “It was very refreshing having Judah present. His level of expertise was second to none”
- “Tremendous experience”
This EUCI course has been approved by The International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). Attendees who complete the course will be eligible for 1.0 CEU.
For more details or if you would like register for this course, please click here.