With a strong background as a paralegal, Briana Chante Jones assists the firm’s Business, Construction, Trial, Real Estate, and Power & Energy Construction groups. What Briana enjoys most about law is that it’s never simple—she thrives on its transformative and ever-challenging nature that makes every day a different day.
Briana works alongside SLS attorneys to assist them with litigation support, including analysis of information for depositions and discovery, preparing deposition and trial exhibits, exhibit lists and case notebooks and other tasks related to the management of complex litigation. Briana is particularly adept with technology, including document management systems, litigation databases, and trial presentation software, as well as managing, processing, and maintaining electronically stored information.
She also supports the firm’s transaction practice with the formation, maintenance and dissolution of client entities, response to governmental inquiries, revival of entities not in good standing, federal and blue sky filings for private placements, as well as other tasks related to supporting the transaction practice.
Her varied experience includes:
- Assisting the Energy and Environmental Law Groups with regulatory work at Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP.
- Comprehensive legal research that included analyzing and summarizing case law and governing statutes for the Department of Homeland Security, Office of Assistant Chief Counsel at the U.S. Customs and Border Protection.
- Assistance with evidentiary-related aspects of litigation and deposition preparation for Medical Malpractice and General Litigation practice groups.
Smart and collaboratively driven, many credit Briana as bringing a passion for perfection and a light sense of humor to the teams with whom she works. Her attention to detail and dependability allows the lawyers she assists to show up prepared and work in the best interest of the firm’s clients. Briana also enjoys pro bono work, including through The Legal Aid Society of the District of Columbia and through The Children’s Law Center Pro Bono.
- Towson University, B.S. in Political Science, 2020
- National Association of Professional Women, 2015 - Present
- The Legal Aid Society of the District of Columbia, Pro Bono Assistant, 2020-2021
- The Children’s Law Center Pro Bono, Custody Guardian ad Litem Assistant, 2019-2021