Rooted in deep experience, Shapiro, Lifschitz & Schram's business transaction attorneys are a go-to resource for small and middle market business entities in the Washington, DC area.
Our attorneys range in experience from a minimum of 15 years to more than 35 years. From the very basic to the most sophisticated of business transactions, our clients receive the benefit of a veteran legal advisor who is not only capable of handling the technical aspects of the transaction, but who can be counted upon for sound business advice and judgment as well. We make it a point to know and truly understand the client’s business, because our experience tells us that knowledge adds more value to the client relationship.
Serving as general and special outside counsel to corporations, limited and general partnerships, joint ventures and limited liability companies, we assist our clients with compliance issues and requirements, as well as provide seasoned legal and business advice honed over decades of experience in a variety of industries. Simply put, we understand our clients and the critical value that matters most to them.
Specifically, we work with clients in the following areas:
- Structuring the formation, ownership, management, financing and operation of business entities
- Draft and negotiate business contracts of all types
- Handle structuring and documenting of mergers, sales and acquisitions, leveraged buy-outs, redemptions and recapitalizations
- Negotiate equity and financing arrangements, real and personal property leases, and manufacturing, distribution and licensing arrangements
- Advise real estate clients in the formation of partnerships and joint ventures for the acquisition, development, leasing and sale of real estate projects, including commercial office buildings, warehouses, shopping centers, mixed-use projects, hotels and multi-family housing
- Draft and negotiate employment agreements, independent contractor agreements, and structure executive compensation arrangements
- Advise clients in connection with secured and unsecured loan transactions
- Assist with the due diligence activities in connection with contemplated acquisitions and financings
- Washington, D.C. Real Estate Firm Redevelopment Makes Room for Cutting-Edge Worldwide Headquarters of Marriott International
- Efficiency Pays Off
- Making New Venture Eligible for Federal Small Business Administration Set-Asides
- Keeping a Real Estate Deal Afloat Under Pressure
- Artfully Forged Alliances Pay Off
- Paving the Way Through Complex Joint Venture
- Representing Client in Sales/Acquisitions of Single and Dual-Branded Auto Dealerships
- Asset Sale Involving Multiple Automobile Dealerships
- Shapiro Lifschitz & Schram represents the Bernstein Companies in $600M deal with Marriott International and Boston Properties
- Celebrating 25 years of serving clients with experience, passion and solutions
- Five Shapiro, Lifschitz & Schram attorneys selected for the 2016 Super Lawyers lists
- "Tips to Help Women Optimize Their Potential in the Male-dominated Construction Industry," Construction Executive
- Carefully Tiptoeing into 2018: A Commercial Real Estate Outlook (NAIOP Market Share)
- Peace 2.0: Preserving the harmony between owners sharing a party wall.
- Full steam ahead: Why transit hub development is seeing a resurgence
- B.A. Spignardo publishes article on financing for hotel developments