Clients who count on insurance to mitigate business risks rely on Shapiro, Lifschitz & Schram to get the full benefit of their coverage when facing minor, major or catastrophic losses.
At Shapiro, Lifschitz & Schram, we understand that taking full advantage of existing coverage and acting aggressively to obtain recoveries from insurers when a loss occurs is vital for every policyholder. Our dedication to upholding the rights of policyholders ensures that the businesses, organizations and corporations we represent can continue to maximize their bottom lines.
We often can negotiate settlements with opposing parties without resorting to litigation. However, when matters do end up in the courtroom, we are fierce champions for our clients. Representing clients before federal and state courts, arbitral tribunals, and judicial and private mediators, Shapiro, Lifschitz & Schram attorneys have a strong track record of favorable outcomes.
We focus on corporate policyholder claims for liability and loss from:
- Property damage
- Personal injury
- Alleged wrongful acts of directors and officers
- Alleged discrimination
- Cyber loss, defective or misused products
- Environmental damage
- Fires and explosions
- Mold and moisture
- Natural disasters, including major hurricane- and cyclone-related losses.
From policy review to due diligence to litigation, our significant knowledge of complex insurance coverage issues helps clients limit their risk exposure in advance of policy purchases and before business mergers and acquisitions. Our team collaborates with other practice groups in the firm to provide deep and comprehensive representation to clients in a variety of industries. We also partner with boutique litigation and construction law firms to support insurance-related matters and accept policyholder referrals from insurance brokers and accounting firms.
- In the Wake of Hurricane Katrina
- Property Damage and Business Interruption Claims Rack Up Millions Following 9/11
- Lead Counsel for Inside Directors and Officers in the Aftermath of the Enron Scandal
- Lead Counsel in Environmental Contamination Insurance Cases
- Insurance for Damage and Loss Arising from Construction Defects