Laura Fraher is an attorney in the firm’s Trial and Construction group, focusing on complex commercial and construction litigation. With extensive experience in civil litigation at both the trial court and appellate level, Laura is a creative and compelling advocate and has significant experience with all types of motions, briefs, pleadings, and other essential documents, as well as managing substantial discovery in cases of varying sizes.
In addition to her vast litigation experience, Laura also has extensive experience drafting and negotiating construction contracts for large-scale commercial and residential construction projects. Clients enjoy the fact that she efficiently explores all possible solutions to achieve their goals and leaves no stone unturned in the search for creative arguments and solutions.
Before joining Shapiro, Lifschitz & Schram, Laura worked as a litigation associate for two large New York firms and served as a law clerk for The Honorable Joanna Seybert of the Eastern District of New York. Laura graduated magna cum laude from St. John’s University School of Law where she was on the law review.
Competitive by nature, Laura played rugby for nearly twenty years. She puts this competitive spirit to work through her passion for the law and her clients. A big-picture person, Laura doesn’t get “lost in the weeds” and always keeps a close eye on her clients’ end goals.
- St. John’s University School of Law, J.D., 2001, magna cum laude
- SUNY College at Geneseo, B.A., Political Science, 1998
- Judd Lifschitz and Laura Fraher Author Article "Legal Lessons of the Kansas City Bridge Collapse," Highways Today
- "Litigating a Claim to Recover Liquidated Damages: Enforceability Depends on Evidence of Good Faith Expectations," Journal of Emerging Issues in Litigation
- Three Shapiro, Lifschitz & Schram Attorneys Recognized Among 2022 Washington D.C. Super Lawyers
- United States District Court for the District of Maryland, 2018
- Maryland, 2015
- United States District Court for the District of Columbia, 2011
- United States Supreme Court, 2010
- District of Columbia, 2008
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, 2008
- United States District Court for the Northern District of New York, 2008
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York, 2006
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York, 2004
- New York, 2002
- Fellow, Construction Lawyer's Society of America
- Maryland State Bar Association, Construction Law Section and Litigation Law Section
- LGBT Bar Association of the District of Columbia
- Board Member and Co-Chair of Major Donor Committee, SMYAL
- Vice President and Board Member, Team DC
- Super Lawyers 2017-2021