Laura C. Fraher is a senior attorney in the trial and construction group at Shapiro, Lifschitz & Schram, focusing on complex commercial and construction litigation. With extensive experience in civil litigation at both the trial court and appellate level, Laura is a creative and effective advocate and has significant experience with all types of motions, briefs, pleadings, and other essential documents.
Laura’s experience includes managing extensive discovery and electronic discovery in cases of varying size. She also has extensive experience drafting construction contracts for large-scale commercial and residential construction projects. Clients enjoy the fact that she efficiently explores all possible solutions to achieve their goals. To this effect, she prides herself on leaving no stone unturned in the search for creative arguments and solutions, and does so with a keen appreciation for the importance of maximizing productivity and servicing the urgent needs of her clients in a timely fashion.
Before joining Shapiro, Lifschitz & Schram, Laura worked as a litigation associate for two large New York firms and served as a law clerk for The Honorable Joanna Seybert of the Eastern District of New York. Laura graduated magna cum laude from St. John’s University School of Law where she was on the law review.
A big-picture person – Laura doesn’t get “lost in the weeds,” always keeping her eye on her clients’ ultimate goals. Competitive by nature, Laura played flanker on her college rugby team and has a few scars to prove it. She puts this competitive spirit to work through her passion for the law and her clients.
- St. John’s University School of Law, J.D., 2001, magna cum laude
- SUNY College at Geneseo, B.A., Political Science, 1998
- Shapiro Lifschitz & Schram wins favorable settlement for client Foulger-Pratt in Silver Spring Transit Center litigation
- "Ten Steps to Keep Your Clients Out of Court," ACC Docket
- Judah Lifschitz discusses favorable settlement in Silver Spring Transit Center Litigation (Construction Commentary & Review)
- Judah Lifschitz and Laura Fraher share insights into their Silver Spring Transit Center lawsuit victory in Construction Executive Risk Management article
- Celebrating 25 years of serving clients with experience, passion and solutions
- Is Your Company Tweeting its Way into Trouble?
- United States District Court for the District of Maryland, 2018
- Maryland, 2015
- United States District Court for the District of Columbia, 2011
- United States Supreme Court, 2010
- District of Columbia, 2008
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, 2008
- United States District Court for the Northern District of New York, 2008
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York, 2006
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York, 2004
- New York, 2002
- Fellow, Construction Lawyer's Society of America
- Maryland State Bar Association, Construction Law Section and Litigation Law Section
- LGBT Bar Association of the District of Columbia
- Fellow, Construction Lawyers Society of America
- Super Lawyers 2017 and 2018