Marni Lefkowitz Ahram is a Principal and a member of the firm’s Real Estate and Business groups, focused primarily on real estate transactional work, retail and office leasing, and business and commercial transactions. Marni is the daughter of a real estate developer and a mortgage broker. She spent many childhood weekend days visiting raw land with her father and learning how it would be developed into a new community. She enjoys seeing the various phases of development take place and especially the final outcomes.
Before joining Shapiro, Lifschitz & Schram, Marni served as Counsel, Real Estate and Fundraising Transactions with The American National Red Cross and as an attorney in other larger D.C. law firms. Her practice benefits from her breadth of experience, having worked both in-house and with law firms, as well as inside of a non-profit organization and a large financial institution. Her experience includes real estate and asset acquisitions and dispositions, leasing and financing transactions, negotiating development, management and service agreements, and structuring and interpreting mixed-use and condominium association covenants and easement agreements. In addition, Marni has worked in the non-profit fundraising areas, including negotiating sponsorship, cause-marketing and licensing agreements.
After her undergraduate studies, Marni undertook the dual JD/MBA program at Northwestern University School of Law and the Kellogg School of Management. She is interested in risk allocation and finance, and has an intellectual curiosity regarding how the law is used to structure business relationships. The dual-degree program allowed her to experience the team approach to solving business school cases and the individual challenges of law school. She decided to combine her interests and work as a real estate and business attorney, which she has enjoyed doing for more than 14 years.
- Northwestern University School of Law, J.D., 2002
- Kellogg School of Management, M.B.A., 2002
- Duke University, B.A., 1995
- "How to deal with landlord-friendly leases," Chain Store Age
- "Futureproofing your lease," Retail Environments
- Shapiro, Lifschitz & Schram Promotes Marni Lefkowitz Ahram to Partner
- "Top Five Leasing Strategies for Independent Restaurant Owners," Modern Restaurant Management
- Shapiro Lifschitz & Schram represents the Bernstein Companies in $600M deal with Marriott International and Boston Properties
- Celebrating 25 years of serving clients with experience, passion and solutions
- Maryland, 2006
- District of Columbia, 2005
- Oklahoma, 2009, inactive
- New York, 2003, inactive