In the global power and energy sector, Shapiro, Lifschitz & Schram has positioned itself as a leader in representing clients in construction disputes and transactions.
Having been around the block a few times, our attorneys’ trial experience includes winning one of the largest liquidated damages awards in the history of the construction industry, and our transactional experience includes negotiating and drafting multibillion-dollar EPC contracts for new power plants and industrial facilities. To a high degree, we help our clients navigate law and business, steering them through complex disputes while also getting a plant finished and goals met.
Our clients include public utilities, merchant power generators, private equity firms and developers, and various private and governmental owners and operators of power plants. We also represent and advise EPC contractors, subcontractors, design professionals, and sureties. Our representation of clients includes the following:
Power and Energy Construction Disputes
- Prepare, analyze, defend, and prosecute virtually every type of power/energy construction claim, including equipment-related claims, technology-based claims, differing site conditions, acceleration, change orders, defective plans and specifications, construction and design defects, delays, disruptions, labor inefficiency, suspensions, and terminations
- Cost-effective electronic discovery, document review management, and litigation support systems
- Represent clients in very large multimillion dollar arbitrations, mediations, and other forms of alternative dispute resolution (ADR)
Power and Energy Construction Deals
- Engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) contracts
- Review, draft, and negotiate architect, construction, design-build, construction management, government, and international contracts and subcontracts
- Establish contract-administration procedures
Our experience and our knowledge of the industry allows us to field a fully experienced, multidisciplinary team of attorneys, engineers, accountants, and other experts, working in the best interest of our clients. We love the challenges—not just the challenges for successful cases and deals, but ensuring that our clients receive the best advice and representation to solve their problems.
- Taking on One of the World's Largest Power Plant Construction Contractors
- Favorable Settlement Results in Dismissal of Lawsuits and Close-out of Project
- Favorable Global Settlement for Power Plant Owner
- Representation of Geothermal Power Plant Owner Against Turbine Manufacturer
- Lawsuit Dismissed for Three-Turbine Hydroelectric Power Plant in KY
- Breach of EPC Contract by Bechtel Power Corp.
- Suit Against Bechtel Power Corp. Ends in Favorable Settlement
- Turkish Contractor Takes on Bechtel International, Inc.
- All Litigation & Arbitration Against Bechtel Corporation
- Defend Owner Against EPC Contractor Claims
- Judah Lifschitz and Daniel A. Kapner Will Present EUCI Course "EPC Contracts for Power & Energy Projects" in Chicago
- Celebrating 25 years of serving clients with experience, passion and solutions
- Judah Lifschitz to Lead EUCI Course in July on EPC Contracts for Power & Energy Projects
- Judah Lifschitz to Lead EUCI Course in February on "EPC Contracts for Power & Energy Projects"
- Top Ten Best Practices for Negotiating EPC Contracts
- Load more...
- "Avoid Tax Trouble by Ensuring Construction Workers Are Correctly Classified," Construction Executive
- "Allocating Risks Strategically: How to Complete Successful Power and Energy Projects," POWER Magazine
- "Why It Pays to be Prepared," Energy & Mining International
- "Tips and tactics for negotiating and drafting EPC contracts for power and energy projects," Construction Executive
- Ten Best Practices for Negotiating EPC Contracts
- Load more...