Some practice law as a job, others practice because it’s their passion—we fall into the latter! In fact, by raising the bar and bringing our best to everything we do to help our clients succeed makes us become indispensable partners to our clients.
Each attorney in our real estate group is a start-to-finish resource for any real estate transaction, from the most mundane to the most sophisticated. Our team’s combined experience and skill enables us to handle all types of real estate matters, including:
- Sales and acquisitions of commercial office buildings, shopping centers, hotels, marinas, land, multi-family housing and mixed-use projects
- Financing of real estate projects
- Joint venture agreements
- Commercial office and retail leasing for both landlords and tenants
- Preparing and negotiating required documents, assistance in the "due diligence" process - including the review and analysis of title and survey - and representation at settlement
- Negotiating, drafting, interpreting and enforcing leases and subleases
- Restructuring commercial loan portfolios for some of the Beltway’s largest real estate related companies and investors
- Representing clients in commercial foreclosures, deeds-in-lieu transactions, workouts, and recapitalizations
- Assisting non-real estate commercial borrowers in the negotiation of forbearance agreements and debt restructurings
At Shapiro, Lifschitz & Schram, we approach our practice a little differently than some, or maybe most. We don’t educate “junior” associates at our client’s expense. Rather, each client directly receives hands-on senior level representation which extends far beyond the traditional client/lawyer relationship and allows us to achieve results that often far exceed their expectations. Our clients rely on us for smart, insightful analysis of all aspects of the deal, and beyond that, they know that we keep their legal and overall business objectives in mind at all times. This level of attention requires that we truly know our clients’ businesses since they frequently rely on us for more than just one transaction.
- Shapiro, Lifschitz & Schram Named Among Best Law Firms in America
- Shapiro, Lifschitz & Schram Attorney Named Among D.C.'s Top Women in Commercial Real Estsate
- Shapiro Lifschitz & Schram represents the Bernstein Companies in $600M deal with Marriott International and Boston Properties
- Barbara Anne ("B.A.") Spignardo serves as an adjunct professor for "Hospitality and Tourism Law" program
- Barbara Anne (B.A.) Spignardo Moderated Bisnow's Washington, D.C. State of the Office Event
- Load more...
- Carefully Tiptoeing into 2018: A Commercial Real Estate Outlook (NAIOP Market Share)
- Peace 2.0: Preserving the harmony between owners sharing a party wall.
- Full steam ahead: Why transit hub development is seeing a resurgence
- B.A. Spignardo publishes article on financing for hotel developments
- Litigation Issues with LEED Ratings and Checklist Design, ENR Mountain States, September 2011
- Load more...