Ronald S. Shapiro ("Ron") is Co-Founder and Senior Counsel of Shapiro, Lifschitz & Schram. Armed with a wealth of experience in a broad range of commercial real estate and other business transactions, Ron represents real estate developers and investors, including foreign individuals and institutions, in sophisticated transactions throughout the Washington, DC region. Ron's history in this business community runs far and deep, and his experience is such that if it has happened, he has most likely seen it and dealt with it.
As a fierce and relentless negotiator when the situation requires, Ron also understands when a softer approach may be more effective. To this end, clients value Ron as an indispensable partner and his straightforward approach to getting a deal closed, especially when he can draw on his long-standing relationships in the Washington business community to further their interests. As noted by one of Ron's clients, "Ron is a seasoned attorney who understands that when he makes me successful, I'm making money."
Ron represents regional retail businesses, automobile dealerships and non-profit associations, and has represented local, national and international aggregate companies. He has represented local and national banks and credit companies in all types of secured and unsecured financings, such as acquisition, development and construction loans, permanent loans, asset based financings, ground lease financings and joint ventures. Ron is also well versed in major debt restructurings, representing both borrowers and lenders.
Not only are clients on a first-name basis with Ron, but they have also come to enjoy his relaxed nature and personalized attention. One of Ron's clients likened their relationship to "teammates" and indicated he would "go into battle together with Ron" whenever the situation required. This is a true testament to the deep and personal relationships that Ron's passion for the law and his client's success has developed.
- George Washington University Law School, J.D., 1972, with honors
- University of Maryland, B.S., Accounting, 1969
- Shapiro, Lifschitz & Schram Named Among Best Law Firms in America
- Three Shapiro, Lifschitz & Schram Attorneys Recognized in Best Lawyers in America
- Five Shapiro, Lifschitz & Schram Attorneys Recognized Among 2020 Washington D.C. Super Lawyers
- Celebrating 25 years of serving clients with experience, passion and solutions
- Five Shapiro, Lifschitz & Schram attorneys selected for the 2016 Super Lawyers lists
- Shapiro, Lifschitz & Schram to Receive Sulam Founder's Award
- District of Columbia, 1973
Former Editor of The National Property Law Digests, The National Financing Law Digest and The Digest of Environmental Law of Real Property.
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- Washington, D.C. "Super Lawyer", Super Lawyers Magazine