To us, every trial is a big deal. On trial day, we arrive overly prepared, smartly dressed, ready to deliver winning arguments, and eager for battle. It’s what our clients have come to expect and it’s why they hire us. We recognize that at the end of the day, the consistent ability to produce winning results at trial is what separates us from our competitors.
Because we value our client’s time and money, we regularly utilize mediation proceedings to reach a pre-trial settlement when appropriate. In those instances, we prepare for such proceedings in the same style we do for trial. Recognizing that mediation is not always an option, our trial lawyers are prepared to go the distance and handle numerous cases in multiple jurisdictions and forums. Our trial lawyers represent clients in a wide array of complex civil litigation matters, including complex commercial disputes, real estate conflicts, corporate control and shareholders’ litigation, securities litigation, contracts, shareholder derivative actions, partnership disputes, government contracts and creditors’ rights.
With our deep experience in construction law, we represent a variety of local, national and international construction contractors and subcontractors, design professionals, as well as owners and sureties, often in connection with complex, highly technical contract claims and disputes. In addition to representing private parties in construction and government contract matters, our lawyers act as counsel to state and local governments and public agencies. Our experience covers a full range of projects including heavy highway, sports stadiums, power plants, military construction, subway and transportation projects, condominiums and industrial construction.
Recognizing that each case is different and our job is to fully understand our clients’ business, goals, and aspirations, our clients routinely applaud our willingness to push the envelope to find the best solution, not just any solution, and our ability to put our client’s interest ahead of our own. It is a trait we’ve found to be a harbinger of success, in law, and in life. Our approach to litigation is tough, but our interaction with our clients is very human. We love to try cases, but more than that, we genuinely value the trust our clients put in us.
- Bringing Resolution to Fiercely Contested Silver Spring Transit Center Project
- Taking on One of the World's Largest Power Plant Construction Contractors
- Success for Historic Hotel Against 25 Mechanics' Liens
- Lawsuit Involving Tenants Association's Assignment of Rights
- Representation of Corporate Officers and Directors Leads to Precedent Setting
- Settlement on the Courthouse Steps for State of New Jersey
- European Company Case Dismissed in U.S., Later Tried in Europe
- Mediation Yields Favorable Settlement
- Shapiro Lifschitz & Schram wins favorable settlement for client Foulger-Pratt in Silver Spring Transit Center litigation
- Judah Lifschitz and Laura Fraher share insights into their Silver Spring Transit Center lawsuit victory in Construction Executive Risk Management article
- Judah Lifschitz Named to 2017 Washington, D.C. Super Lawyers Top 100' List
- Gregory Seador Joins Shapiro Lifschitz & Schram's Trial Group
- Celebrating 25 years of serving clients with experience, passion and solutions
- Load more...
- "Managing Risks of Complex Construction Projects Effectively to Achieve Successful Projects," The Voice (Construction Users Roundtable)
- "INSIGHT: Choosing Cost-Effective Pricing for Your E-Discovery Project," Bloomberg Law
- "Allocating Risks Strategically: How to Complete Successful Power and Energy Projects," POWER Magazine
- "Why It Pays to be Prepared," Energy & Mining International
- "Indemnification: A Useful Tool for Allocating Risk in Construction Contracts," Construction Executive
- Load more...
- Avoiding E-Trouble (E-mail, E-documents, and E-data)
- Avoiding E-Trouble II (On Line Social Media)
- Winning the Must-Win Case